Tuesday 14 April 2015

Mild tofu curry


I feel lucky that my daughter loves her food and not afraid of trying out new vegetables and flavour. Being a new mum is another learning opportunities for me to cook quick and healthy meal. 
I must admit there are days when all I want to eat is pizza and salad just because I'm so tired. But when there is good ingredient like firm white tofu in the fridge, it helps you being creative on what you can do with other forms of proteins.
A couple of weeks, my mother kindly brought 2 packets of 400g good quality tofu from Chinatown when she heard me said, that I was craving tofu. Being a worrier and concern that it will go off soon, I cooked both of the packets at the same night. One was for quail egg and green beans stir fry and the other for the mild curry. I love the colours in this stir fry but I put too much ginger, so maybe I will share the better recipes next time.
I love the mild tofu curry as does the baby. She loves her rice and gentle flavoured curry. The coconut milk gives it sweetness and creaminess that's kind to the stomach.
Because this is aim for my family (including baby) I did not add any salt or sugar in this batch of cooking. Thou off course you can add them according to your own taste buds.
So here goes my first recipe.

Mild tofu curry

400 gr tofu
400gr coconut milk
One chicken stock pot
2 teaspoon korma curry powder
1 onion
2 cloves of garlic
Salt and pepper to taste.
2 tablespoon of vegetable oil.



Cut and wash tofu and steam for 8 minutes.
Peel and cut onion and garlic into small dice.
Heat vegetable oil and fry the onion until soft but not brown.
Add the garlic until the aroma comes out.
Add the tofu and the curry powder stir until tofu is coated with the curry powder.
Add the coconut milk and stock pot.
Let it shimmer for 15 minutes.
Add salt and pepper to taste.

Serve it with Rice. And coriander to garnish.


Tiaz


No comments: